Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not updating? Try a factory reset.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after seeing only 10% of cars were on 2018.12. I did a factory reset last night and woke up to a new update this morning.

Dont know if it's a coincidence or what but my car is on wifi every night in the garage.
Hah, same here! I received the update notice at 3am ET. So I'm on 2018.18.2 now. It could be a coincidence also, but there is certainly growing evidence. We'll have to see on the next "Factor Reset Worthy" update in a few weeks, if it works again.

No I am too and I’m concerned. I took delivery in Nov 2017 and consistently received updates every 6 weeks or so. I haven’t had an update since 4/2. I did get the new navigation update though a few weeks ago. I called the SC and they confirmed there was no pending or stuck download. They did offer to update if I came in. Wonder now if the factory reset would work??

Friends, after the last software update last week via WiFi I really need your help. I have been in Greece for a week, hoping the update would finish while I was gone, the car was plugged into the charger, 220V, 8Amp. Yesterday I came back and found out that the screen is black. A note behind the steering wheel: call the service station. they told me: The update went wrong. I need to do a reset: press both little scoll wheels on the steering wheel at once and the software will reset, pressing the brake at the same time will reset to factory settings. I did all that: Nothing happened, except a notice to unlock the car, or unplug it. The screen stayed black, and the stick shift does not work. It is stuck in Park position. The doors and the dome lights work, charge port is blue. German road side assistence told me to contact the nearest service station, which is in Hamburg, 120km North, on monday. I might have to get my car there physically, by a towing company on my expense, although I did not request a software update. Tesla forced it onto my car! I could borrow a car trailer from a friend, but how to get a Tesla with the brakes in park onto it. It cannot get lifted either cause its in my car port, under a roof. HELP HELP HELP. Thtere is no connection to the car via the Tesla app either. Anyone any idea? Even the "hard reset" , pulling the yellow fuses on the left fuse box for a minute did not work. any other ideas?