Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not visible in app!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m hoping somebody might have advice on this or how to escalate.

I had my new Model 3 delivered last Friday to join our existing one, it’s a company leased car through alphabet.

The car still does not show in the app, nor in my account on the web.

The lease company have granted full access to me and computed every task they should post delivery and are now a bit stuck.

On the phone Tesla say “it must be the lease company”.

I’ve been to my local service centre (Birmingham) who have looked and confirmed the lease company have done everything and the automated steps have failed to fully allocated the car to me. They’ve emailed somebody they know managed to fix it when seen before but nothing so far has happened to fix it.

Something in the system has worked as it knows to charge me for the supercharging I’ve done, but I can’t use the app at all.

Any advice on what to try to escalate would be appreciated

Did you get invite from Tesla?

I don’t know how the leasing stuff works but a Tesla account holder can invite another 5 users.

This is an example email my wife got when I invited her.

42F9A2BA-4D9E-49B7-B081-C26D8DD86E30.jpg

Upvote 0
Did you get invite from Tesla?

I don’t know how the leasing stuff works but a Tesla account holder can invite another 5 users.

This is an example email my wife got when I invited her.

View attachment 742630
Yeah I have the app and Tesla Birmingham have confirmed it’s all setup correctly and that the lease Co have done all the steps they need, it’s just the automated process has not worked and I can’t seem to find who at Tesla I can speak to or contact to resolve as I can’t log in the app as no car there,

I’ve done the website, support, contact us process twice but no reply from them

Upvote 0
Leased cars do not show up in the app or the web account.
This has always been the case is is discussed in many posts on the forum.
Thats not quite correct, agree it doesnt show up on the web account, but you do get to use the app to be able to control the car (like climate and scheduling etc) and use phone key. I have app access to my car, only thing I can't do is pay for upgrades, as it doesnt show any.

Reactions: NewbieT
Upvote 0
I’m hoping somebody might have advice on this or how to escalate.

I had my new Model 3 delivered last Friday to join our existing one, it’s a company leased car through alphabet.

The car still does not show in the app, nor in my account on the web.

The lease company have granted full access to me and computed every task they should post delivery and are now a bit stuck.

On the phone Tesla say “it must be the lease company”.

I’ve been to my local service centre (Birmingham) who have looked and confirmed the lease company have done everything and the automated steps have failed to fully allocated the car to me. They’ve emailed somebody they know managed to fix it when seen before but nothing so far has happened to fix it.

Something in the system has worked as it knows to charge me for the supercharging I’ve done, but I can’t use the app at all.

Any advice on what to try to escalate would be appreciated
Did this ever get resolved? Literally having the exact same experience.

Lease company saying it’s Tesla, Tesla saying it’s lease company.

Not seeing the car in the app but as with you, supercharging the new vehicle charged my account and I even got an inbox message about premium connectivity for the new vehicle. To add to this, I also got a survey from Tesla to share my experience of delivery for my new vehicle!

Yet still nothing in the app to use the car. Having had a Tesla Model 3 for 2.5 years and got used to the app, you realise half of the Tesla experience *is* the app when you don’t have it.

Upvote 0
Did this ever get resolved? Literally having the exact same experience.

Lease company saying it’s Tesla, Tesla saying it’s lease company.

Not seeing the car in the app but as with you, supercharging the new vehicle charged my account and I even got an inbox message about premium connectivity for the new vehicle. To add to this, I also got a survey from Tesla to share my experience of delivery for my new vehicle!

Yet still nothing in the app to use the car. Having had a Tesla Model 3 for 2.5 years and got used to the app, you realise half of the Tesla experience *is* the app when you don’t have it.

Who’s fault depends on which email account is the master. It’s often the lease company but not always. If it’s the lease company they need to give you secondary access. Are they likely to have done many Tesla’s before? If so, they should know how things work. If not, they may need educating. Either way, you can ask them what the primary email address is, if it’s not yours then it’s the lease company to sort things out.

Upvote 0
I'm leased through Alphabet and took delivery a week ago.

Not sure if you'll want to hear this but I got app access within about 20 minutes. It actually synchronised with the delivery man hitting delivery accepted on his end and me signing the confirmation.

Thought might be worth knowing that the delivery man said that you'll get app access once they tick their box.

Upvote 0