Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not waking from sleep in the morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that cold weather is upon us we like to pre-heat the car in the morning. Problem is the the car does not easily wake up in the morning from the app. I see that my phone is connected to the car via bluetooth, but the car still does not respond to commands from the app. After a search i see that this issues has been discussed many times, but I cannot find a fix. My research indicates that the app communicates with the car via bluetooth to wake it? Does this mean the strength of the wifi in my garage makes no difference? My car is on 2021.36.8 and my iPhone is on 15.1.1. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Now that cold weather is upon us we like to pre-heat the car in the morning. Problem is the the car does not easily wake up in the morning from the app. I see that my phone is connected to the car via bluetooth, but the car still does not respond to commands from the app. After a search i see that this issues has been discussed many times, but I cannot find a fix. My research indicates that the app communicates with the car via bluetooth to wake it? Does this mean the strength of the wifi in my garage makes no difference? My car is on 2021.36.8 and my iPhone is on 15.1.1. Any suggestions? Thanks.
I don't yet have my MY, but do have a M3. I can tell you the app connects to your car via mobile data. I don't even have my phone paired to my M3 via Bluetooth and communicate with it through the app all the time. I'd say both your car and phone need sufficient data connectivity (decent signal strength) whether through mobile data or Wifi to communicate.

I don't yet have my MY, but do have a M3. I can tell you the app connects to your car via mobile data. I don't even have my phone paired to my M3 via Bluetooth and communicate with it through the app all the time. I'd say both your car and phone need sufficient data connectivity (decent signal strength) whether through mobile data or Wifi to communicate.
Thanks. I have ordered an extender for my wifi network as the car is in a detached garage. We will see if that helps.