Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not waking up via app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Open the app and it just says “waking up” and never connects to the car.

I would open car door and then see if APP can talk to the car. Is the car parked in a mobile blindspot? It might be in "deep sleep"

Reboot the car too and see if that improves things. Over the years it seems that periodic prophylactic reboots fixes quirks in the software (Things like TeslaFi can report when the car isn't contactable, which can help to diagnose how often that actually happens)

I had the same behaviour too early on, I deleted the Tesla app, reinstalled and signed back in, that seemed to fix it. I still get the occasional time it won't connect but its rare and always temporary.

has the car still got internet connectivity generally? i.e. do nav/spotify/netflix etc still work?
if you raise a service request on this sort of thing they often try to fix it remotely pretty quickly rather than making you wait 6 weeks then drag you into a service centre. so it might be worth raising a service request. you can always cancel it later. you could also try a different phone just in case.

I’ve rebooted the car and the wifi and re-installed the app on my phone. It’s been OK for the last 30 mins. I’ll try again in an hour or so.
since it started working for a while you really need to re-do those things one at a time to find out which fixed it. at present you still don't know if the problem is at the car end or the phone. installing on a second phone would also help prove this one way or the other.
The car is connecting over Wifi is it based on the above so that's another thing to rule out by switching to LTE.