Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car not waking up via app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update on my issue with the car not able to wake up without being in bluetooth range.

Tesla had me put Sentry mode on which keeps the car awake so that they could access the car and work on the problem.

They have fixed it and told me there was a software issue with the LTE/WiFi modem/Router which was causing it to ignore the wakeup ping.

Now all is well! :)

Just an update on my issue with the car not able to wake up without being in bluetooth range.

Tesla had me put Sentry mode on which keeps the car awake so that they could access the car and work on the problem.

They have fixed it and told me there was a software issue with the LTE/WiFi modem/Router which was causing it to ignore the wakeup ping.

Now all is well! :)

Did they tell you what they did? Was it a reflash of the modem?

Thanks for letting me leaving it in sentry mode will keep it awake..could be a useful way of keeping the app alive whilst my LTE is non-functional.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Just looked on here for a solution to the problem of not being able to wake the car from the phone App..
Got my m3 at end of Sep 2019 and had no problem until about 3 weeks ago.
Tried the following without success.
Deep reboot.
My Son’s phone from the USA. Worked from there before.

Seems to work when sentry mode is active.

Reported the issue to Tesla and requested a service appointment. Received an email the following day advising me that it was a common complaint and a soft ware issue which would be fixed in a future update.
The next day issue was not present and the App woke the car without sentry mode enabled. Not an issue for 2 days now.

I never had this issue before but since 2020.44.24 I cannot wake the car via the app in the morning or after it's been unused for a few hours.

I did a full hard reset in the car after upgrading to .25 (always do this), have deleted & reinstalled the app, removed & added the phone back in the car but it makes no difference. I checked a few months ago & my car connects via the Dutch eSim so that shouldn't be the problem.

The last two days I have had to walk out to the car, open via Key card or Tesla ring & then the phone reconnects.

Am currently I alone in having this & are there any other recommendations before I make a service request?

Worth changing your password to rule out an old app tucked away that might be interfering with you account and locking you out.

Tesla’s internet security has been tightening this year and I can imagine repeated bad calls (or bad tokens) blocking your account.

I think there may be another recent thread where someone had a similar issue and that resolved it.

Anybody else had this problem today?

Open the app and it just says “waking up” and never connects to the car. Only started to happen to me today.

Rebooted app etc etc. No joy.
This happens to me most mornings. I thought that it was due to a weak Wi-Fi signal, so I put in an extra repeater and am now seeing maximum signal quality in the car. But it didn't fix it. Once I have opened the car door, the app works fine. It then continues to work during the day. It seems to be a problem if the car is left for a few hours and it seems to drop off the network.