TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car now goes round corners

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by klib, Oct 2, 2019.

1. klib

klib Member

One major improvement I've noticed in AutoPilot since V10. The car now goes round corners, due to cunningly slowing down as it approaches them! Previously, it would stay at the cruise speed and just switch AP off half way through the corner, which was quite scary.
    It drives like a granddad, taking a sharp corner I'd normally do at 40mph at 25mph, but it's definitely progress.

• Like x 2
  2. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Member

It did that in v9.. some of the curvier exits on motorways it'd slow down quite a bit.

• Like x 1
  3. klib

klib Member

That may be so, but I don't think it attempted slowdowns on normal A and B roads. It can definitely get around corners it couldn't before. That doesn't mean it can get around all corners. Some it ignores and immediately gets into trouble, so still a way to go, but I appreciate the progress in the right direction.

• Like x 3
  4. LukeT

LukeT Member

I've noticed the same. Speed and line round the corner still not exactly normal/sensible though!

5. roadcred

roadcred Member

too much - even bends on motorways!
    not a patch on the kit in my volvo

6. m3gt2

m3gt2 Member

Is this with AP or FSD?