Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car now goes round corners

klib

Aug 27, 2019
Stratford
One major improvement I've noticed in AutoPilot since V10. The car now goes round corners, due to cunningly slowing down as it approaches them! Previously, it would stay at the cruise speed and just switch AP off half way through the corner, which was quite scary.
It drives like a granddad, taking a sharp corner I'd normally do at 40mph at 25mph, but it's definitely progress.

klib

Aug 27, 2019
Stratford
It did that in v9.. some of the curvier exits on motorways it'd slow down quite a bit.
That may be so, but I don't think it attempted slowdowns on normal A and B roads. It can definitely get around corners it couldn't before. That doesn't mean it can get around all corners. Some it ignores and immediately gets into trouble, so still a way to go, but I appreciate the progress in the right direction.

LukeT

Apr 9, 2019
UK
I've noticed the same. Speed and line round the corner still not exactly normal/sensible though!

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
That may be so, but I don't think it attempted slowdowns on normal A and B roads. It can definitely get around corners it couldn't before. That doesn't mean it can get around all corners. Some it ignores and immediately gets into trouble, so still a way to go, but I appreciate the progress in the right direction.
Is this with AP or FSD?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC