Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Parked for Week Unplugged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I parked for 5 days at an airport at 60% which had 2 L2 chargers that were taken up by PHEVs. I turned off sentry mode, but forgot to turn off cabin overheat (which doesn't really seem to always work, sometimes my cabin gets to 130+ inside). I lost 4% the first day, and then 1% over the following 4 days. Was about 95F at the airport.

Reactions: Frenchrock
I parked for 5 days at an airport at 60% which had 2 L2 chargers that were taken up by PHEVs. I turned off sentry mode, but forgot to turn off cabin overheat (which doesn't really seem to always work, sometimes my cabin gets to 130+ inside). I lost 4% the first day, and then 1% over the following 4 days. Was about 95F at the airport.
Cabin Overheat Protection only remains active for 12 hours after you park. (To reset the 12 hour clock you need to use the Tesla app to unlock and then lock the doors.)

I also left my MY at the airport in the garage for a week last month at PHL (SOC @ 80%). Sentry off and cabin overheat protection off. I knew checking the app would wake up the car and cause more phantom drain. I still couldn’t help myself and checked a few times because I was curious. I thought it would have dropped 1-2% per day so it was charged up enough not to really worry.

It lost only 2%, possibly 3% since after I got situated in the car it dropped another 1% within a min.

I am pleasantly surprised. Now I can feel comfortable knowing I can leave the car for 2 weeks and just don’t check the app and shouldn’t lose more than 6%.

Post in thread 'MYP - Parked at airport 5 days' that we left our MY in a garage unplugged for 2 months last fall. Fairly low phantom drain, even checking in many times during that trip.

I also left my MY at the airport in the garage for a week last month at PHL (SOC @ 80%). Sentry off and cabin overheat protection off. I knew checking the app would wake up the car and cause more phantom drain. I still couldn’t help myself and checked a few times because I was curious. I thought it would have dropped 1-2% per day so it was charged up enough not to really worry.

It lost only 2%, possibly 3% since after I got situated in the car it dropped another 1% within a min.

I am pleasantly surprised. Now I can feel comfortable knowing I can leave the car for 2 weeks and just don’t check the app and shouldn’t lose more than 6%.
I also left my Y at the shaded parking at a Florida airport for 15 days in the July heat. I had full charge with airport only about 10 miles away; turned off sentry and cabin overheat protection. I didn't check app until the day before our return and it showed 284 miles left! I also was pleasantly surprised and am no longer worried about leaving my car at the airport even in hot southern Florida.