Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car pool lane access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know anything about Utah's HOV access and BEVs?

I see Utah got rid of its tax rebate, not sure if this is gone as well?
there are only 6500 HOV access licenses for electrics given out at any given time. You put yourself on a waiting list and you could be randomly selected when a spot becomes available. I was able to get one after waiting for 6 months.
MUGA Making Utah Great Again. :D

Its still the holdover from the early Prius and other vehicles.. I sit in the lane high speed lane stopped dead watching cars go by as I wait for my car and count tags.. Its definitely way more on the multi person vehicles on my drive from Candler to AJ on the short section of HOV and a very small fraction of Blue Tags.

Sometimes I wish I had a blow up doll like that guy in Colorado,, I think he sold it on eBay to offset some of his fines after getting hit with a big fine..

Then why are gasoline cars allowed in HOV lanes at all? I'd suggest one purpose of HOV lanes is to reduce total emissions. A single driver hybrid is more likely to,reduce emissions than a single driver full ICE.
One could argue that neither car should have special advantage. HOV stands for High Occupancy Vehicle, with an objective of encouraging carpooling to reduce congestion (the traffic kind, not talking about your lungs). Letting "special interests" (the Prius) in was, as I understand history, Toyota arguing the environmental angle, since I'm guessing the HOV lanes weren't being fully utilized. Adding in the other hybrid and now BEV cars, has solved the utilization problem :(. So, now what?

Hmm... i am having a touch time grasping this below statement. Under the current guidelines, those with income above the threshold as defined below can't get the CVRP rebate anyways so why mention this in this bill? Is there a corner case where someone with income above the threshold will still qualify for the CVRP rebate and in that case, they will not issue them an HOV tag?

"In addition, drivers that receive the Clean Vehicle Rebate, a state-funded rebate that can be several thousand dollars, won’t be eligible for HOV lane stickers unless their gross annual income falls below $150,000 for a single tax filer, $204,000 for a head of household filer, and $300,000 for joint filers"