Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car powers off every time I park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Something for you all to ponder as you continue to digest your turkey. I had my 2016 MS in to get eMMC upgrade a few weeks ago. Ever since, the car powers down every time I park and get out of the car. Does not affect the center touchscreen at all. That comes on as soon as I get in the car. But the screen above the steering wheel is black until I press on the brake and wait a bit. Prior to the upgrade this would happen occasionally, if I would go days without driving. But it’s annoying for it to happen every single time. It’s really screwing up my aspirations to be a bank robber as this was going to be my get away car.

I thought the eMMC only affected the touchscreen. Any idea why this would be happening?

Have you checked Controls > Display to see if any of the settings were changed? The one to focus on is likely the one call Energy Savings. If this is turned On, then the start-up of the instrument panel is slower. Turn it off and the Instrument Panel should start up almost right away although you'll see more parasitic drain during the day.

Oh wow. I had lost all of my settings during the upgrade (including Trip B stats which I had never reset since getting the car😭). When I re-did all my settings, I had turned off energy savings for my main profile, but apparently didn’t do that for my Easy Entry profile. Explains why it would shut off only when I left the car. Mystery solved. Thanks so much. Can get back to planning my next heist. Thank you for the easy fix!

Reactions: SoCal Buzz