Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car pulling to the right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has been slightly pulling to the right. If you let go of the wheel it's turned maybe 2° to the right.

I brought my car in and they made me pay almost 300 to have my wheels balanced and realigned. Got it back and it's still doing it. They tell me there is nothing wrong with it but you can clearly see the wheel off center and the car pulling.

I only have 1 service center by me.

I just scheduled another appointment with them for it on Monday. But they seem like they aren't very good at their job if they can't even see the wheel isn't straight.

Anyone have any advice on what to do or to say to them to get this fixed.

It only pulls slightly but is very annoying. Almost enough so that I've thought about selling the car already and I haven't had it for a year yet. Love everything else about the car

What's even more annoying is I can't call anybody. I have to schedule through the app that makes you approve another 300 estimate before anything even gets scheduled.

My car does the same thing and I aligned the wheels myself and tried to be exactly even as possible. Then I talked to my friend about it. He told me most cars are like that by design to avoid head on collision with cars going in the opposite direction. Now I don't feel so bad.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
My car does the same thing and I aligned the wheels myself and tried to be exactly even as possible. Then I talked to my friend about it. He told me most cars are like that by design to avoid head on collision with cars going in the opposite direction. Now I don't feel so bad
Hmm never heard of that or had that in any of my other cars. If you let go of the wheel the wheel should center itself not stay slightly turned in a direction and the car should stay straight. It's not a huge pull but like I said it is very annoying. Letting go of the wheel and maybe 3 seconds later the car will start going to the right. So I'm constantly having to hold slight pressure to the left. If I just put 1 finger on the wheel to keep it straight the car drives perfect but that about 2° off keeps the car going in that direction.

Reactions: buckets0fun
Hmm never heard of that or had that in any of my other cars. If you let go of the wheel the wheel should center itself not stay slightly turned in a direction and the car should stay straight. It's not a huge pull but like I said it is very annoying. Letting go of the wheel and maybe 3 seconds later the car will start going to the right. So I'm constantly having to hold slight pressure to the left. If I just put 1 finger on the wheel to keep it straight the car drives perfect but that about 2° off keeps the car going in that direction.
I thunk that service center owes you better work. Our M3 started drifting and the steering was off center. The SC realigned the front end and fixed the problem. If a car is aligned correctly it should go straight on its own without correction.

I have heard anecdotally that Tesla is known for poor alignment. My steering wheel is about 2° clockwise from true and has been since I bought it new in 2018. It doesn't really pull to either side though - I would expect that would be an actual alignment problem in your case. I wouldn't take it to Tesla for that, because I have no confidence that they would or even could fix it correctly; rather, I'd take it to a professional alignment center and just pay for it. That's what I'm going to do anyway. Good luck and let us know how it ends up.

It only pulls slightly but is very annoying.
Take it to another alignment shop that can align a Tesla. My local wheel and tire shop couldn't work on my Tesla because they didn't have the proper lift so I had to take it to a SC. The SC corrected a toe out condition that was causing front inside tire wear. My tires still lasted 30k miles, but if the car was aligned properly from the factory I could have gotten 40k from the tires. If it is pulling, you are wearing out your tires prematurely. Definitely get it fixed unless you don't mind buying new tires sooner rather than later. My 3LRAWD tracks straight in the lane and the steering wheel is centered when I let go of it on a flat even road. If the road you are on has excessive crown or isn't level, your Tesla may drift, but not pull you out of your lane of travel.

Assuming they can show you properly aligned, check tire pressures even and at or above spec. (42-44) and if in the NE have you done a brake service. Brake service is inexpensive, can be done by mobile and the clean the corrosion for the brake guide pins. A slightly dragging brake could simulate out of alignment. If after all that still pulls, could be road crown.

Last edited:
Assuming they can show you properly aligned, check tire pressures even and at or above spec. (42-44) and if in the NE have you done a brake service. Brake service is inexpensive, can be done by mobile and the clean the corrosion for the brake guide pins. A slightly dragging brake could simulate out of alignment. If after all that still pulls, could be road crown.
I scheduled about a month ago for them to do the brake service with a mobile tech while I was having my tires rotated. He never did it (I have it on video) and I had to chase him down before he pulled away, after being called out on it he removed it from the bill, said he didn't have what he needed to do it.

After that tire rotation was when all this started happening and they've checked all my tire tread multiple times.

Don't think I'll ever do a tire rotation again

My latest tread check they were at 7 at 11k miles that they said was great. That a lot of people need new tires by 10k which I don't know how. I drove it like I stole it for the first 7 months of owning it. Now I drive normal

I scheduled about a month ago for them to do the brake service with a mobile tech while I was having my tires rotated. He never did it (I have it on video) and I had to chase him down before he pulled away, after being called out on it he removed it from the bill, said he didn't have what he needed to do it.

After that tire rotation was when all this started happening and they've checked all my tire tread multiple times.

Don't think I'll ever do a tire rotation again

My latest tread check they were at 7 at 11k miles that they said was great. That a lot of people need new tires by 10k which I don't know how. I drove it like I stole it for the first 7 months of owning it. Now I drive normal
I've watched them do the brake service. Wheels off then they remove the pins brush off, lube and reinstall. If never done it should be. Meanwhile check other things on list. Mobile can and does do it. I've done it twice.

My car has been slightly pulling to the right. If you let go of the wheel it's turned maybe 2° to the right.

I brought my car in and they made me pay almost 300 to have my wheels balanced and realigned. Got it back and it's still doing it. They tell me there is nothing wrong with it but you can clearly see the wheel off center and the car pulling.

I only have 1 service center by me.

I just scheduled another appointment with them for it on Monday. But they seem like they aren't very good at their job if they can't even see the wheel isn't straight.

Anyone have any advice on what to do or to say to them to get this fixed.

It only pulls slightly but is very annoying. Almost enough so that I've thought about selling the car already and I haven't had it for a year yet. Love everything else about the car

What's even more annoying is I can't call anybody. I have to schedule through the app that makes you approve another 300 estimate before anything even gets scheduled.
I had absolutely the same. It was pulling right from new. but it took me half a year to get it to Service centre.. and they fixed it for 300 pounds... and said that I had to go with this within 24 hrs of ownership to get this done via warranty... lol

For an update I had it serviced again today. He had to unplug my battery and reset the vehicle that way to be able to fix my steering wheel being turned to the right. It still pulled to the right so he checked the allignment again and seen a section they must of forgoten to do last time fixed it and now all is good. They didn't charge me anything which was good but had to miss a day of work which sucks when your like me and get paid by the hour. But all in all this tech was amazing and did a great job.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin and KenC
Mine was pulling pretty hard to the right when we picked it up. Since it was starting to snow we immeditaly swapped to the snow rims/tires, then the pulling stopped. Im now worried that it will pull when we put the summers back on.

My car does the same thing and I aligned the wheels myself and tried to be exactly even as possible. Then I talked to my friend about it. He told me most cars are like that by design to avoid head on collision with cars going in the opposite direction. Now I don't feel so bad.
It's probably best to not get technical help from that friend.

• Funny
Reactions: Dodofosho and KenC