Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't waste any time at all, soon as we got home from fremont delivery center I submitted all the paperwork to CVRP to apply for the rebate..don't forget the $500 from PG&E rebate too..PG&E didn't take that long to get..2 weeks I think.

Is it different from a regular dealer in regard to the plates?

I know this is more a California specific question but might apply to other states as well. I want one of the specialty environmental plates but would prefer to get them first shot and not have to go in and do it all over again at DMV.

The delay in registration must be a California or other state issue. In NY there are no "temporary" registration plates such as other states have. I do not know about Tesla (yet) but normally you leave the dealer with your plates on the car and registration document in hand. If the dealer doesn't do it for you, then he gives you the info and you go to a DMV office and pickup the plates then and there, and take them back to the dealer.

The delay in registration must be a California or other state issue. In NY there are no "temporary" registration plates such as other states have. I do not know about Tesla (yet) but normally you leave the dealer with your plates on the car and registration document in hand. If the dealer doesn't do it for you, then he gives you the info and you go to a DMV office and pickup the plates then and there, and take them back to the dealer.
Why would California do that? That’s way too efficient. Just think of all the jobs at DMV that would be eliminated if we did it this way. Our governor wouldn’t allow such a policy to happen.

• Funny
Reactions: shrspeedblade
For the CA rebate u can get approved with temp registration from Tesla ..for the HOV stickers the dmv will look for your registration in their system otherwise they send back to you .. for my last CA rebate I just got the ARB took 45 days...I have yet to get my perm registration from Tesla after picking car up in April so haven’t sent in for stickers ...I have a sticker from my old S taped to back window on X :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony