Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car releases charging cable reluctantly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DMan

Apr 20, 2016
WA
Not sure if this has happened to anyone, but when I go to unplug my car, I don’t get the light blue light right away. Instead, it takes a second for it to turn light blue and if you don’t remove it IMMEDIATELY it locks the charging cable again. So I have to tug on it steadily so that when the light turns light blue I can unplug it quickly. I tried to show my wife but then it acted normally but I think that was the only time it worked properly.

When I push the release button once on the cable, I would hear the unlocking noise and it would remains unlock for about 2 seconds.

If I hold the button continuously, it would remain unlock continuously.

I’ll try that, but with my last S I didn’t have to hold the button down. The window is literally so short that if you pull after you hear the unlock click it’s already too late.

When I push the release button once on the cable, I would hear the unlocking noise and it would remains unlock for about 2 seconds.

If I hold the button continuously, it would remain unlock continuously.

I agree with Tam... I always hold the button down until the cable is fully removed. When I first got my car I would hit the button, but it would quickly re-lock just like you're saying. When I held the button down and it stayed unlocked I figured that was just the way you had to do it and I've been doing it that way ever since.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker