Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car rolls backwards in drive with creep on and flat surface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, nothing like the revving sound in a manual while trying to park in difficult circumstances. You summed it up well - not pretty and sounds even worse. :)

But at least you have a handbrake and can reverse and hold it there on the clutch. I’d argue it’s easier to parallel park an MT vehicle on an incline than it is to park the Model 3 with Creep Off. With Creep On it’s much easier in the 3, no question.

Or you just it let it auto park for you if you have the feature. :)
I'll be honest with you, I've only tried Creep on for regular driving and didn't really like it in combination with brake hold. I will probably attach it to a profile and try to remember to use it in an incline situation next time and see what the fuss is all about :)

I'll be honest with you, I've only tried Creep on for regular driving and didn't really like it in combination with brake hold. I will probably attach it to a profile and try to remember to use it in an incline situation next time and see what the fuss is all about :)

Give it a go. Also pull to the side of the road on an incline or flat surface and pretend you have to inch up on a parked car in front of you. You’ll notice how easy that is with Creep On.

The only “downside” to it that I’ve noticed is that it does take more pedal pressure to engage Hold. But this is by design I’m sure.

This is precisely what brake hold does. Are you saying the car should brake hold forever even if the setting is off? Or are you saying the car should never move in the opposite direction of the selected drive gear?

Once you tap the accelerator, hill hold cancels and the car starts rolling back if you don't apply enough accelerator input.

Somehow BMW was able to get the i3 to *not* roll back (well, 99% of the time... it might roll back on a super steep hill) without hill hold engaged or creep. I think it's done through the motor.

• Informative
Reactions: radiocycle