Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car running all night during charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Several times, when I plug my S in to charge. The next morning, when I go to the garage, the car is running and has been all night. Anyone else have this issue. Why is it happening and can I do something to keep this from happening?

I've had this happen recently also, so I assume you mean the climate is running all night. I have the same question - why is my climate kicking on by itself? I've noticed in over the past couple of weeks, and I think it coincides with downloading 2018.14.2. I say "I think" because I never noticed it before, but hard to say if it never happened. I have a 2016 (pre-facelift) 90D, for reference. It only seems to happen at home in the garage - I use Summon about 80% of the time pulling into the garage also. I feel like the times I've noticed this happen is when climate is off when I park outside the garage, and then for some reason as part of the Summon process, the climate kicks on.

I'm more aware of this now, so I will continue to monitor how this issue repeats.