Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Scent/Air Freshener ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My English Bulldog rides with me and she's.... a little smelly... to say the least. I no longer smell DOG. It's not overly strong either and more is an eliminator but leaves a pleasant new car smell. Its really important to air the car out after the 15 mins that the mist is deployed but just follow the directions and you'll be fine. I like the fact that it tamed my air filter smell that was going on. My car is 3 years old and i've never changed the filters ( i know i know but i dont wanna be a contortionist lol)

Since you have a bully too... I would leave the dog cover inside the car so it can get the treatment as well. no more bully smell.

There couldn't be a more perfect answer. THANK YOU! That's *exactly* what I'm looking for. Something to take the wet-bulldog smell out but without some overwhelming fake perfume.

I've washed the seat cover in the washing machine, and it comes out great... until the next time I use it of course. If only I could do the same with Miss Daisy here!

Thanks again --- that's the best review I could've asked for. Send a photo of your Bulldog - they're the best!!

IMG_9089.jpeg

There couldn't be a more perfect answer. THANK YOU! That's *exactly* what I'm looking for. Something to take the wet-bulldog smell out but without some overwhelming fake perfume.

I've washed the seat cover in the washing machine, and it comes out great... until the next time I use it of course. If only I could do the same with Miss Daisy here!

Thanks again --- that's the best review I could've asked for. Send a photo of your Bulldog - they're the best!!

View attachment 767801

LOL Yes! Only another bully owner will understand your plight with smells. See attache pics of Miss Reyna

Attachments

• reyna2.jpg
    reyna2.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 105
  • reyna1.jpg
    reyna1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 80
LOL Yes! Only another bully owner will understand your plight with smells. See attache pics of Miss Reyna

She’s absolutely beautiful! How old? Miss Daisy is 9 months - still a pup. We lost our Buster back in June, and couldn’t imagine life without a Bulldog. Daisy was home with us 4 weeks later. We didn’t know it at the time but she’s actually Buster’s first cousin. Almost lost it at the breeder’s when she told me that. They have a special way of working into your heart.

BD57BF86-C10F-4729-B847-FA421C9D3138.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: calidreamz808
I swear by this product. I can still smell it weeks after using it. very effective and cheap.

Meguiar's G16402 Whole Car Air Re-Fresher Odor Eliminator Mist, New Car Scent, 2 Fluid Ounces

How strong is the scent? I'm not looking for a strong odor of anything - perfumes and such drive my nose absolutely crazy ... but I do want to neutralize the scent after I put the doggo in the car. I use a (Tesla official!) seat cover and all, but there's always that lingering "eau de Chien mouillé" for days.

this is the spray version i think

the scent is recognized when you spray it but after a little time the smell dissipates and makes the car stay fresh. i wish i could have you cats stop by and smell my 2 year old model 3. the smell is clean and "neutral". nothing heavy.

this is the spray version i think

the scent is recognized when you spray it but after a little time the smell dissipates and makes the car stay fresh. i wish i could have you cats stop by and smell my 2 year old model 3. the smell is clean and "neutral". nothing heavy.

Thanks for the link! That’s gotta be a first. Instead of checking out mods or a wrap at a cars & coffee, it’s “come sniff my car!”

Seriously though, thanks for the link. That’s exactly - I mean exactly - what I’m looking for. Nothing with a funky scent, just neutral.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Thanks for the link! That’s gotta be a first. Instead of checking out mods or a wrap at a cars & coffee, it’s “come sniff my car!”

Seriously though, thanks for the link. That’s exactly - I mean exactly - what I’m looking for. Nothing with a funky scent, just neutral.
lol -- i know what you mean.

as a data point, ive been using this product since i got the car in 2020. i wipe the car down (california dust) a couple times a week and i just do a couple of sprays on the rear floor mats and thats it. i think the smell is the same as the pop up fog thingy that was mentioned earlier here.

I have and I thought they were weak and over priced. But they did smell good. You had to have the air or heat on to blow air across the units to get any affect. You may feel differently if you buy them.

I have been using it for a few months now. They come with 4 pieces, or a month's supply, and that seems to be how long they last. The scents are not strong, and are more noticeable when you have the AC/Heat on like Pat67 mentioned. I like the clean look, and haven't experienced the stinky AC since adding them.

If you want a mild smell it's a good option. If you want to smell a strong scent every time you get in the car, look elsewhere.