TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car Seat Causing Indentations In Seats

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by coffeesipper3, Jan 8, 2020.

1. coffeesipper3

coffeesipper3 Member

Hi All,

I'm new to the tesla community - just picked up a white performance on 12-29.

Folks on this forum with car seats, are there any ways to prevent the car seats from causing indentations to our soft seats? I've tried several car seat protectors but the car seat is very snugly installed.

Will the seats return to their normal form if we uninstall the car seats for an extended period of time?

2. Kiwiadventure

Kiwiadventure Member

Post a photo of the car seat installed and the dents in the seat

3. 640k

640k Member

this will happen on any seat, especially if you leave the car seats in there for several years. had two car seats installed in two different vehicles. honda odyssey with leather and a subaru with cloth. both seats were permanently (or at least semi-permanently) indented. get a protector for the seat.

also to note - if you don't protect those indentation areas, they're magnets for crumbs and scum. just another place to rub and wear.

• Like x 1
  4. M3BlueGeorgia

M3BlueGeorgia Active Member

In the short term, a triple-folded beach towel will both protect the seats and reduce the indentation.

5. coffeesipper3

coffeesipper3 Member

Yeah I guess this would have to be a solution for this. Just wanted to know if it will permanently be indented

6. boyguan

boyguan Member

get the protector to prevent against sharp corners but then use a towel if you need to.

7. coffeesipper3

coffeesipper3 Member

Thx will try all of your suggestions!

8. coffeesipper3

coffeesipper3 Member

So that diono seat cover seems to work better for my car seat ( I have the diono radian3 rxt)

Also I learned of this neat trick to use steam to return the foam that was compressed back into its original form.

Like magic it comes back as if it came from the factory!