Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car seat position

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an infant seat in the side position (uses the lower anchor point) and a convertible car seat facing forward in the middle (uses seat belt, no lower anchor points). Works great, as we leave the rear seats flat 90% of the time so the stroller is easy to put in/take out, and still lets an adult sit in the middle row side seat comfortably.

Do note that the lower anchors are only on the middle row side seats, and both rear seats. The middle row middle seat is more narrow than any other seat, so when you slide the side seat forward to let someone into the rear, it does press against the side of the convertible car seat and pushes it over an inch or so. Nothing major, but noticeable.

I'm 6'1" and have no problem sitting in between my sons' booster seats in the middle row on road trips when my wife drives.

That being said, I really wish I had ordered a 6-seater. I would pay to have Tesla remove the middle seat in the middle row. Rearward visibility would be much better, as would 3rd row access for my kids.

If tesla could figure out how to make the second row seats foldable and also have the ability to remove the middle seat in that row that would really offer the best of all worlds. 7 seats for the rare times when you need it, 6 seats most of the time for reasonable space/legroom for all, and 5 seater(3-across in the second row) when you need to haul a bunch of stuff AND your kids.

• Love
Reactions: Blastphemy