Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car seat protection that does not leave indentation recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I just got my model Y and I am looking for those who have experience with car seat protector covers over an extendedperiod of time. Some people are saying some protectors stain the leather, some leave indentations and some melt. I was leaning towards the Bricca but people are saying the X ends up leaving a mark in the leather. I was also looking at the Tesmanian but don't see much feed back. Has anyone found an all around really good brand?

Model Y (Black seats) and Highlander (cream colored seats) with no permanent indentations nor discolorations from the following off Amazon. Four different car seats are left permanently attatched, removed about once per month for cleaning. Model Y has been used since July, Highlander since March-ish(?).

Car Seat Protector, MHO+All 2 Pack Auto Car Seat Protectors for Child Baby Car Seats - Large CarSeat Sit Savers Mat with Waterproof 600D Fabric & 2 St

Model Y (Black seats) and Highlander (cream colored seats) with no permanent indentations nor discolorations from the following off Amazon. Four different car seats are left permanently attatched, removed about once per month for cleaning. Model Y has been used since July, Highlander since March-ish(?).

Car Seat Protector, MHO+All 2 Pack Auto Car Seat Protectors for Child Baby Car Seats - Large CarSeat Sit Savers Mat with Waterproof 600D Fabric & 2 St
Thank you I will look at these.

Hi I just got my model Y and I am looking for those who have experience with car seat protector covers over an extendedperiod of time. Some people are saying some protectors stain the leather, some leave indentations and some melt. I was leaning towards the Bricca but people are saying the X ends up leaving a mark in the leather. I was also looking at the Tesmanian but don't see much feed back. Has anyone found an all around really good brand?
Put a towel down?

It depends what kind of car seat you are using... If you are using something like a Britax Click Tight, you just lay a thick woven blanket underneath the car seat, that's what I did... The clicktight locks onto the seatbelt so there is zero movement of the seat... I then used a towel near the head rest, to prevent the seat from denting the seat back...

If you are talking about a carseat carrier, those things tend to move side to side, so you'll want a seat protector that has the grippy surface on the bottom to prevent movement. Otherwise, the thing will slide all over the place when you take curves. For my convertible seat, I bought a mat that was fairly rigid/padded, as I found the thinner ones don't really do much to prevent denting the leather. Of all the protectors tho, none of them extended high enough to prevent denting near the headrest, which is why I use a towel on that portion.

Can you share link for the one you use in MY