Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car seat protector recommendation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My Model Y has the white interior and I’m looking for recommendations for tried and tested car seat protectors for an ISOFIX base. I’ve put a white towel underneath it but it isn’t an elegant solution.

I don’t need a car seat protector that protects the backrest of the seat since the car seat will only ever face forward.

Some car seat protectors have been known to stain the white seats or leave permanent imprints.

Thanks!

This idiot did :p
You'll feel less of an idiot if you use the search function:

:)

Lots more if you search for seat protector.

You'll feel less of an idiot if you use the search function:

:)

Lots more if you search for seat protector.

I've done that, multiple times, across the entire forum but there is no consensus as to which seat protector a) doesn't stain and b) doesn't leave imprints.

Also, a lot of seat protectors recommended on TMC can only be bought in the US which is why I created this thread in the UK&I sub-forum.

Could you not just make a protector? My suggestion is to use the white towel you currently use - but - attach velcro to the bottom of the childs seat, then cut the towel down to size - trim the edges by folding and stiching - then apply the other part of the velcro onto the towel, stick it onto the other part on the seat and install the seat into the car.
It will be easy to remove for washing from time to time and its a super cheap solution.