TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car seat protectors

Discussion in 'Model X' started by baymaX, Jun 14, 2016.

1. baymaX

baymaX Member

what is a good car seat protector and does it void your car seat warranty if you use it (I read that some where)?

2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

We've been using these for the last two years and they seem to work well. The bottom is a bit stiff which prevents it from denting the seat. Also has a bit of a dam incase any liquids get spilled.

I can't imagine how it would void your warranty.

3. ssq

ssq Member

Brica Seat Guardian @ Amazon

4. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Have 6 of these as well between two vehicles (3 toddlers). They dip below $30 every once and a while on Amazon.

When removing them from my wife's Jeep to transfer to our Model S they did their job well and there was no permanent sign on the leather that the car seats were ever there. Same story on cloth seats in a Honda Accord they did their job well.

5. loganintx

loganintx Member

I orered 1 each of these. they should arrive tomorrow and I will use them this weekend.
    http://amzn.to/1ZUVGiP and http://amzn.to/23f827s
    There was a clipable coupon on Amazon for both of them when I ordered.
    It was $51.94 for both with tax and free shipping with Amazon Prime!

6. baymaX

baymaX Member

Thanks everyone! I will be ordering one! Do you think the high back boosters will need one too?

7. loganintx

loganintx Member

I got both of these on Friday and installed them. The larger one is a lot stiffer. i used it for the baby's rear facing car seat since it has a tendency to slide left and right. The blue rubber inserts are very grippy and the seat does not slide. The smaller one i put under my son's forward facing seat and it worked great as well. i was able to put the head rest strap over both of the head rests with a little adjustment of the length. I have the baby seat in the 2nd row and the forward facing seat in the 3rd row.

• Informative x 1
  8. NathanWolf

NathanWolf Member

Sorry to dredge up a semi-old thread, but is anyone concerned about this snippet from the manual?

I was about to order two Bricas from the recommendations in this thread, but thinking twice.