Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Seat Recommendations? Second Row, Front Facing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Diono can be put in a 'recline mode' when front-facing. Not sure you were aware of that. It's still on the upright side, though. Although my 3yo has no trouble sleeping in it, especially after we made it recline.
I have Diono Radian as well, however i would not use it for 2 year olds
I have 3 kids, 6yo, 3yo, 1yo
Diono is too tall for anyone smaller than 3
It is tough to sleep in it while front facing in Tesla, it's too upright, and head does not reach headrest (not adjustable)
I have Amazon.com : RECARO 2015 Proride Convertible Car Seat, Misty : Baby
for my younger ones.
Very comfortable

I have Diono Radian as well, however i would not use it for 2 year olds
I have 3 kids, 6yo, 3yo, 1yo
Diono is too tall for anyone smaller than 3
It is tough to sleep in it while front facing in Tesla, it's too upright, and head does not reach headrest (not adjustable)
I have Amazon.com : RECARO 2015 Proride Convertible Car Seat, Misty : Baby
for my younger ones.
Very comfortable

I don't agree. Both my kids started using the Diono radian/sunshine kids XTSL (their old name) close to 2yo (a little over and a little under, IIRC). The headrest is adjustable, you just need to use some force, it's very tight, but it does move up and down.

I don't agree. Both my kids started using the Diono radian/sunshine kids XTSL (their old name) close to 2yo (a little over and a little under, IIRC). The headrest is adjustable, you just need to use some force, it's very tight, but it does move up and down.
I guess the version i got 2 yrs ago did not have adjustable headrest
Amazon.com : Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat, Storm : Convertible Child Safety Car Seats : Baby
The newer model does:
Amazon.com : Diono Rainier Convertible Plus Booster with Adjustable Head Support, Graphite : Baby
In any case, i'm not sure the seatback position is as comfortable as Recaro's i listed above
While my 3yo is fine in Diono, he still feels a lot more comfortable in Recaro
Just my $0.02

How did you get the Clek Foonf and the Combination Harness 2-Booster to fit in the back seat? I have the next generation seat and the seat width at the smallest is 11.25 inches. I was thinking of going with the Diono Rainer because the base is 11 inches wide.