Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car seat setting off seatbelt alarm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

I have 2021 M3P and a couple of months ago something changed in that my kids car seat in the back seats, when not in use, sets off the seatbelt alarm constantly !

I have tried it in the back left and back right and it does exactly the same, non stop chiming. Of course I could just plug in the belt but you forgot this and start your journey so then its a pain to stop and get out and plug it in. Plus I dont think I should have to, its such a light car seat, not ISO fix, and it didnt do this for the first 9 months of ownership.

Has anyone else had the same problem? Want to check its not a new 'feature' before I book a service visit!

Thanks all.

Now that you mention it, yes!

I have two car seats at the back, one isofix and one that’s secured by the seatbelt.

In recent drives, the isofix one has been intermittently alerting me that the seatbelt is not secured, even though nobody is in it. I thought it might need readjusting but it may be the occupancy sensor sensitivity has been adjusted in recent updates. I’ve been so focused with the other issues it hasn’t even crossed my mind that it could be another to add to the list. It’s only been the past couple weeks for me though, not months.

Edit: Actually, since updating to 24.6 yesterday, it hasn’t happened.

What software version are you on?

Just looked in car under software, mine says v11 !!! Assume that is not the right place to look for software versions ?!
v11 doesn't tell you much as that number increases only very rarely for major changes. There should be another number in brackets after v11, beginning with a year - e.g. most people are on 2022.20.8 at the moment, although they're currently pushing out newer versions 2022.24.6 and 2022.24.8.

You can get seat belt extenders that would make the car think the seat belt was secured and make it easier to reach when strapping in the child. Ideally it’d have an option to turn off the alarm but it’s probably some legal or cert requirement (like tilt alarms).