Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car seat with 2 adults

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1 carseat + 2 adults in the back is slightly better than 3 adults in the back. With 3 adults in the back, no one is comfortable. With 1 carseat, at least the person in the car-seat is comfortable.

In all seriousness, it is fine for a short trip around town. But for a longer trip, the model 3 is a 4 person car. 2 in the front, 2 in the back - no matter how small the people.

And FYI - 2 carseats + 1 adult is not possible at least with our car seats. Similarly 3 car seats isn't possible (with any of our car seats).

1 carseat + 2 adults in the back is slightly better than 3 adults in the back. With 3 adults in the back, no one is comfortable. With 1 carseat, at least the person in the car-seat is comfortable.

In all seriousness, it is fine for a short trip around town. But for a longer trip, the model 3 is a 4 person car. 2 in the front, 2 in the back - no matter how small the people.

And FYI - 2 carseats + 1 adult is not possible at least with our car seats. Similarly 3 car seats isn't possible (with any of our car seats).

Thanks for the input, that's useful.

We don't have any kids yet, but planning to take on a road trip (+/- 2 hours) with my friends that has a 5 year old....to burn up the free supercharging that I got before they expire. He did say that the car seat is relatively compact and we are small adults so I was hoping we could make it work. :(

Thanks for the input, that's useful.

We don't have any kids yet, but planning to take on a road trip (+/- 2 hours) with my friends that has a 5 year old....to burn up the free supercharging that I got before they expire. He did say that the car seat is relatively compact and we are small adults so I was hoping we could make it work. :(
The 5 year old may be in a "booster seat" instead of a full car seat.

If that is the case you may be fine. Many booster seat designs take up way less space than a full car seat.

76dd2aff-4d42-45aa-bd58-6a74a3f88f2c_2.1458ceaddd8e8222efed289baf3a206c.jpeg

Vs

eca066a2-ef6f-41a5-a91e-8fa834d15ea2_4.75c8e3ac06384820fcde015baaf21b43.jpeg

Reactions: Snowie