TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car Show 10/14 Hanover, NH

Discussion in 'New England' started by Joseph, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Joseph

Joseph Member

There's gonna be a car show hosted by Dartmouth Formula Racing (DFR) on Sunday, October 14th in Hanover, New Hampshire. Please come show off your cool cars! The more the merrier. If you're planning to bring a car, please message me through Tesla Motors Club so the DFR can make arrangements.

Be there!

2. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Hey Joseph, I live 20 minutes from Dartmouth. Can you give us more information? Where's it going to be? At Thayer?

3. Joseph

Joseph Member

Sure thing. Here's da info:

Sunday, October 14, 2012

12PM - 5PM
    Tuck Mall, from Mass Row to Cemetery

4. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

This was a great event! Well organized with over 20 cars despite rain (it was outdoors) including Dartmouth Formula Racing's hybrid race car. They're raising money to build a new one this year that is all electric. They also gave out the coolest hand-made trophies I've ever seen at a car show! I won the coveted Peoples' Choice Award.

IMGP0728.JPG

On the trophy it says:
    For the crowd pleaser.
    The head turner.
    Everyone's favorite ride.
    Chosen by popular vote.

Audience favorite
    Dartmouth Formula Racing Car Show
    October 14, 2012

5. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

There's a delightfully ironic twist in having the award for your Roadster use discarded pistons. :)

6. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Valves. Not pistons.
    Buy yeah, I thought it was pretty funny, too! All the trophies were made of discarded internal combustion engine parts. Odd looking parts arranged in a creative fashion. Way cool.:smile:

I was impressed enough that I'll be making a donation to the Dartmouth Formula Racing team to help them build their new all-electric race car.

7. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

I vacation very near Hanover but cold not get up this weekend. Looks like a must for next year. Great P's Choice Award.