Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Show Poster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I have a neighborhood car show coming up in a couple of months that I usually take my 2014 Tesla Model S P85 to. This time I'm thinking of creating some posters detailing the technology improvements for Tesla EVs over the past few years, as they may not be aware of how the technology continues to evolve.

Many in my neck of the woods think that EVs are impractical and/or too expensive and likely assume that will always be the case. I expect many might be impressed if they see how much Tesla tech has actually advanced and is continuing to make EVs more accessible and practical year after year.

I'm looking for feedback to get opinions of if you think this is a good idea, and if so what to include/highlight on the poster(s).

Some thoughts that first come to mind to me that might be worth including:
1) A map of Tesla charging locations now, and another map maybe showing a few years ago.
2) Information on range options (and cost) from a few years ago vs today (using Model S).
3) Perhaps V2 vs V3 chargers and car charging capabilities, old vs new.
4) Maybe something on autopilot? (though that's not necessarily EV specific)
5) Maybe something on some of the added features over the last few years, some of which wouldn't be possible on gas cars (like cabin overheat protection)?
6) Performance improvements? My old P85 used to be the top performer, but today it almost seems slow compared to what Tesla is offering.
7) Efficiency improvements? Old vs new Model S, plus Model 3.

There are potentially lots of things I could include, but should probably limit it to a small list that can be highlighted nicely on a limited number of posters (or just a single poster).

I have to do a little more research, but I'm looking at using some kind of firm board that can be professionally printed, unless that ends up being way to expensive. If you have any thoughts on materials for the board / printing, that would also be welcome.

Thanks for your thoughts.

It's about $90 for two posters (one for the front and one for the back). In a car event, there are generally more people than you can handle, so posters are necessary for those who aren't sitting in the car with you. Here's the poster thread. It looks as if no one has added anything for a while. But I think most people just download the poster and then edit it.

You will also need some kind of easel to put them on. A one gallon gas tank tied to the easel will help keep it from blowing away in the wind. You'll need duct tape as well to attach the poster to the easel.

I'd say not to worry about it. Give into details on a poster and people get turned off.
Many people know of the car. Just answer their question. Keep it simple and talk about the big things.

How many miles to the charge? The answer is the furthest trip that you've taken.

How long does it take to charge? I don't know, I plug in when I get home and it's finished in the morning.

Where are the charging locations? Sit down, hot the button and say Navigate to Los Angeles.

How fast is it? Pause 4 seconds and respond "That long to get to 60"

Open the frunk and the trunk when you get there. Just that tends to make people think "Where's the engine"