TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car Show @ Wings Over Miami Aviation Museum - May 28th, 2016

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Silverpnt01, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Silverpnt01

Silverpnt01 Member

#1 Silverpnt01, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Good Morning Everyone,

I volunteer with Wings Over Miami, which is a non-profit aviation museum based out of Tamiami Airport in Miami. On May 28th, 2016, from 10A-3P, we will be having a car show at the museum. I think this would be a great time to show off our Tesla's, and would love to see some other owners there. Last years car show had some formation flying of a few World War 2 Era aircraft and a bunch of cars to see.

Currently registration is $15 dollars and the donations from the event helps keep the museum running.

Memorial Weekend Car Show - Facebook page for the event

Benefit Car Shows - Helping the fund raising efforts of Charity and Not for Profit organizations by organizing and helping them run their Benefit Car Shows - registration page for the event

Hope to see you all there, if you have any questions please let me know!

2. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

I shall try to be there as a former CFI/ATP and frequent user of TMB.

OT: My most poignant memory of that airport is four round trips to GGT during Hurrucane Katrina, carrying supplies... An irrelevant story.

My Tesla and I will be there if possible.

• Like x 1
  3. ERAS3R

ERAS3R Member

I just googled the address for Tamiami Airport and this is what I found out:

Miami Executive Airport, formerly known until 2014 as Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport, is a public airport in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Florida, 13 miles southwest of Downtown Miami. It is operated by the Miami-Dade Aviation Department. Wikipedia
    Address: 12800 SW 145th Ave, Miami, FL 33186

I also found South Tamiami Airport Park at 13850 sw 143rd Ct. Miami Fl 33186

Can you please clarify which one is correct? I will try to be there.

4. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

The first one.

5. Silverpnt01

Silverpnt01 Member

Jbcarioca is correct. Its located on the actual grounds of the airport. The museum has a small fleet of general aviation and world war two era aircraft that are flown regularly.

Wings Over Miami - Contact Information