Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car showing as different colors on the screen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does this mean after all?

"The avatars are designed to sometimes have a different color to help depict different lighting on the vehicle."

What is "depict different lighting on the vehicle" supposed to mean?

Are they making this up or is there something that I do not understand?
I think they mean the avatar will display a different image during different times of the day… so in the daytime it will look lighter (light shining with more reflections) vs nighttime (darker with less reflections). But that’s not the case here it’s clearly two different blue colors.

Reactions: Droschke
Also somewhat unrelated, but along the lines of buggy software… Tesla thought I had a Model Y for a day. I opened the app on Dec 23 and it showed the Y 🤣. It reverted back to the Model S at some point during the day.

Attachments

• 5A7333FB-DF9F-41CB-81DC-353274F14C55.jpeg
    5A7333FB-DF9F-41CB-81DC-353274F14C55.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 48
  • C51F18E4-74DA-4D92-8C1C-E7A193587608.jpeg
    C51F18E4-74DA-4D92-8C1C-E7A193587608.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Funny
Reactions: Droschke
I think they mean the avatar will display a different image during different times of the day… so in the daytime it will look lighter (light shining with more reflections) vs nighttime (darker with less reflections). But that’s not the case here it’s clearly two different blue colors.

Not sure if the wrong color issue is ever going to get fixed. I wish it was something away from the eyesight.