Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car showing as different colors on the screen.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a rather silly problem, but it is starting to drive me a bit nuts.

Since about three or four software updates ago (currently on 2022.12.3.16) any rendering of my car related to the parking sensors shows up as the current version of blue paint, which happens not to be the color of my car. All the other renderings (doors, AP, tire pressure…) show up in the correct darker blue, which was discontinued back in 2016.

So my car is showing as two different colors, sometimes next to each other.

At first I thought it was just a funny bug that would promptly get fixed. But release after release, this is still happening. And although dark blue is discontinued, there seem to be many more cars out there on this color that on some other discontinued ones.

Anybody else having this problem? Is my computer just having a weird glitch?

Attachments

• 1889E80F-6DBE-4032-9A00-E2F0418BAF9A.jpeg
    1889E80F-6DBE-4032-9A00-E2F0418BAF9A.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 419
  • D82BD7AF-6E03-43DF-996D-BFC2B5A8DF85.jpeg
    D82BD7AF-6E03-43DF-996D-BFC2B5A8DF85.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 220
  • Informative
Reactions: Droschke
If you have MCU2, go into Toybox and try changing the car color. I'd first change it to something else (red?) then there is a button to set it to the default (for you blue). It may realign all the bits to the proper color.

If you have MCU2, go into Toybox and try changing the car color. I'd first change it to something else (red?) then there is a button to set it to the default (for you blue). It may realign all the bits to the proper color.
I thought about that but... no colorizer option anywhere, even though I am upgraded to MCU2. From the v11 release notes, it seems that this is only available for the current MS.

The latest Software Update 2022.20.5 allows car colorizer on legacy S models before 2021+. Maybe this will allow you to fix the color, or change it to whatever.

I had the same issue on my old - dark blue - 85D. So I got a "new blue" LR+ :D

Does the mobile app have the same problem? IIRC it used to.
Tesla app not have that problem
The latest Software Update 2022.20.5 allows car colorizer on legacy S models before 2021+. Maybe this will allow you to fix the color, or change it to whatever.
Thanks for reply,I will let tesla center know ,they even not made the voice command connected to right position ,I will recommend all Tesla owner test everything before you pick up your car !or you may need make second appt that would be another 2 weeks for wait

Nothing has changed here, still seeing the two different shades of blue. I am still on 2022.16.3, so let's hope that the next update brings the colorizer to fix it. The app is showing the right color.

I did not take it to Tesla, but I have reported it as a bug after every software update. My money is on this having something to do with the MCU2 upgrade. Perhaps since the color was discontinued before MCU2 was available (I believe), they did not think of adding it to the MCU2 code.

I almost considered wrapping my car as that shade of blue, but half of the renderings would still be wrong :D

Nothing has changed here, still seeing the two different shades of blue. I am still on 2022.16.3, so let's hope that the next update brings the colorizer to fix it. The app is showing the right color.

I did not take it to Tesla, but I have reported it as a bug after every software update. My money is on this having something to do with the MCU2 upgrade. Perhaps since the color was discontinued before MCU2 was available (I believe), they did not think of adding it to the MCU2 code.

I almost considered wrapping my car as that shade of blue, but half of the renderings would still be wrong :D

Attachments

• E0926E9A-9F40-4BE9-83ED-2878E74C3BB8.png
    E0926E9A-9F40-4BE9-83ED-2878E74C3BB8.png
    198 KB · Views: 184
Tesla has only offered two blues, In 2012 it was a very dark blue that looked black to most people. It was discontinued in May 2015 and replaced with the current "Deep Blue", which is the same as today and lighter than the original blue. Tesla never offered a light blue paint as to what appears to be showing up in some of the display photos above. My last two cars were blue (2016 with MCU2 upgrade) and a 2022 S. Colors are identical in both cars and I didn't notice any issues on-screen in either car.

Does the problem color occur in both day and night display modes?

Thanks @Yuki Feng! At least now they know that it is a thing :)

@vcor yes, it happens in both day and night. All renders of the car show in the lighter shade of blue, except for the overhead views for tire pressure, doors and general controls, and the lane view for autopilot. I even tried changing the wheel configuration to see if that would snap it back to normal, but no luck.

Thanks, Just got back my car ,unfortunately the manager said even after update to the latest version firmware may not resolved this issues, we would see what happens later when I get notice to update

Reactions: Vinc and DerbyDave

I just got the 2022.20.6 update aaaaand... even though the release notes say it should be there, no colorizer for me.

There is a separate thread about this issue. It seems that the colorizer only works for post nosecone legacy MS.

Oh well...

• Informative
Still an issue ☹️ although they claim it’s “normal”
Come on! It’s two different blues, not a lighting condition.
View attachment 888879

What does this mean after all?

"The avatars are designed to sometimes have a different color to help depict different lighting on the vehicle."

What is "depict different lighting on the vehicle" supposed to mean?

Are they making this up or is there something that I do not understand?

• Funny
Reactions: Vinc