TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car slams in to gas pump. Autopilot at fault?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by ElectricTundra, Jan 17, 2017.

1. ElectricTundra

ElectricTundra P85D AP1

• Disagree x 3
  2. Branzo90D

Branzo90D Salt and Pepper

Yeah, I don't think they can claim autopilot failure when DWI. Good luck with that one! :rolleyes:

3. ElectricTundra

ElectricTundra P85D AP1

Totally missed the DUI thing. It'd still be blamed on Autopilot. If you can't rely on AP when you're stoned, when can you?

• Disagree x 1
  4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

#4 BluestarE3, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Well, IF that had happened instead with a Tesla in Autopilot mode, you can't fault it for having a visceral hatred of a fossil fuel dispenser and doing everything in its power to take it out of commission. Would need to be tweaked, though, to avoid hurting innocent bystanders. :rolleyes:

(JUST TO BE CLEAR for anyone casually perusing this thread who was drawn to it by the title, this accident had nothing to do with a Tesla or Autopilot)

• Funny x 2
  5. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

You may want to consider writing to a mod, and asking that the thread title be changed. I know you were trying to be funny, but it is a pretty misleading thread title.

• Like x 2
  6. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Agreed. I thought someone in a Tesla had crashed into a gas pump.

• Like x 1
  7. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

I say it's autopilot 0.0 at the wheel.

8. swaltner

swaltner Member

• Like x 2