Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Sluggish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of the new model S 75D

The car came 10% charged so I had no acceleration they told me once it was fully charged I would regain acceleration.

I have now just got off of the supercharger and I thought that would fix the problem however the car still feels like it has no acceleration.

Has anybody experienced this? Any ideas?

Download Powertools from iOS app store, login to your tesla account, and then run vehicle tracker mode and tell us how many KW you get maximum. Better yet, post a graph of KW and speed over time from the .csv file produced by that app.

Yeah - I did a 0-60 test as well. Spot on at 5.2. Charge level was at about 30%

Hmm. 30% is pretty low. 278KW might be expected at 30%. You should try again at 90% and report back.

Also, if you supercharge, you'll get more power at 90% if you drive immediately vs slow charging as the warmer the battery, the lower the voltage drop(provided amps aren't cut due to being too warm).

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal
Hmm. 30% is pretty low. 278KW might be expected at 30%. You should try again at 90% and report back.

Also, if you supercharge, you'll get more power at 90% if you drive immediately vs slow charging as the warmer the battery, the lower the voltage drop(provided amps aren't cut due to being too warm).
Will do. Curious as to what max kw should you expect from a 75D at 90% charge?

Yea, there is zero chance you could hit 4.2 seconds 0-60 with only 278KW. The regular 85 which does 0-60 in 5.0 seconds puts out 320KW at 90%.

The P85 which is also speced at 0-60 in 4.2 seconds pumps out about 360KW.

What SOC (state of charge) were you at?
278 kW for a pre-speed update 75D seems about expected. 278kW is like 370hp which should get you around a low 5s 0-60 time. Remember while the 85 hits 5.0 sec at 320kW, it is a heavier car which needs more power to accelerate. The pre-speed upgrade 75D made July 2017 onward would probably have 300+ kW to hit low 4s.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Reactions: brkaus
278 kW for a pre-speed update 75D seems about expected. 278kW is like 370hp which should get you around a low 5s 0-60 time. Remember while the 85 hits 5.0 sec at 320kW, it is a heavier car which needs more power to accelerate. The pre-speed upgrade 75D made July 2017 onward would probably have 300+ kW to hit low 4s.

I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

The 75D actually weighs more than the S85/P85 (4647 lbs vs 4597 lbs). Remember, the 85 is really only an 81 and it's very close to the 75 in capacity. Add the fact that the 75D has a motor up front that the S85 doesn't.

I hadn't considered that the OP didn't already have the speed software update given it's been out for weeks already but I suppose it's possible. If the OP doesn't have it, they're in for a pleasant surprise when it finally comes down.

Regardless, I'm not seeing how it get's 4.2 0-60 without at least mid 350s.