Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car starts charging during software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Odd behavior I have noticed. I have the car set for scheduled departure at 7am. Off Peak hours defined.

If I install a software update during the evening, the car starts charging when the update is finished/finishing. It'll continue to charge. This did not happen before, but now that peak is 4-9 for me and PW is supplying power, I have paid more attention to loads and the PW got drained when it decided to charge after I initiated an update.

Am I losing my mind or did this behavior change?

Bottom line: If you are going to allow an update during a peak time, unplug first. Yes?
Should have followed my own advice. This happened again last night! It was scheduled to finish to 90% at 10:45. It charged to about 80% at the peak time.

Screenshot_20221203-060631_Tesla (1).jpg

Well that's annoying. I've been scheduling my updates at 11PM, an hour before super off-peak starts at midnite. I figured it made sense to get it out of the way before charging was likely to start. Guess now, I'll schedule them after/at midnite.