Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car status missing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pardon yet another stupid question from teh n00b. On the left side of the dash, there's supposed to be a Car Status app, right? According to my owner's manual, it's supposed to be in there along with Nav, Trips, Media, etc. It isn't. Was this added to later VINs (mine is 02713)?

Yeah, I know. That's why I'm confused. I don't have driver profiles either (just valet mode), and parking sensor chirp is an option in the MCU even though they're not installed. Guess it's just the quirks of having an older model.

I have a 2017 and when I go to Car Status all it shows is the tire pressures. I haven't figured out a way to scroll through any other vehicle data when in that option, I assumed there would be more than tire pressure shown.

Pardon yet another stupid question from teh n00b. On the left side of the dash, there's supposed to be a Car Status app, right? According to my owner's manual, it's supposed to be in there along with Nav, Trips, Media, etc. It isn't. Was this added to later VINs (mine is 02713)?
Did you ever find out more about this? Just bought S #4408 and from what I can see, it does not have "Car Status" either. It must have TPMS, since I am getting a "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault" error off and on.

I have a 2017 and when I go to Car Status all it shows is the tire pressures. I haven't figured out a way to scroll through any other vehicle data when in that option, I assumed there would be more than tire pressure shown.
I see the same tire pressure readings under Car Status at all times. Find no way to scroll it to show any other details. Maybe if I had the adaptive suspension it would have more data.

I see the same tire pressure readings under Car Status at all times. Find no way to scroll it to show any other details. Maybe if I had the adaptive suspension it would have more data.
No, so far as I know, "Car Status" never had anything other than tire pressure information. I have a 2015 and believe i have paid attention to the updates. I recall when the "Car Status" was added and it has never been modified -- but the tire pressure information is very handy, and seems to be accurate. The OP's VIN is too low to have the TPs separately for each tire, so that may be the limitation.

Reactions: JimBob 909