TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car suspension

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jha168, May 22, 2019.

1. jha168

jha168 Member

HI,
    Please advise if you know if I should set my car suspension to Standard or Low?
    My daily commute is on a bumpy local road. Thank you.

2. mikevbf

mikevbf Active Member

When I had my suspension set at low the wheels angled in and the inside of the tires wore out way before the outside. I researched the problem and found that my wear pattern was common and the answer was to keep my MX in standard which I do now.

3. G2019

G2019 Member

Currently the latest firmware default suspension is set to Low when we shift the gear to Drive. So every time we drive the MX, we need to go into the setting to change it to Low?

4. MrShakeHands

MrShakeHands Member

I manually change my suspension all the time, I wish it was part of the voice commands (maybe it is, I haven’t figured it out).

• Like x 1
  5. G2019

G2019 Member

What's the best suspension setting not to wear out the tires quickly? How about for mileage (battery)? Thank you.

6. SSedan

SSedan Active Member

On the highway low will be most efficient, at lower speeds it won't matter much.
    There is a speed adjustment for having the suspension automatically go low or keeping it low. If the car is defaulting to low that is set to always. Raise it to something like 65mph.

7. LoveMX

LoveMX Member

If you set it to anything other than Low (or VeryLow), you will get the shudder issue show up sooner than later (almost everyone I know who has an X has the shudder issue show up eventually).

8. Krazaak

Krazaak Member

Not everyone who uses always low has uneven tire wear. I have 20s and get perfectly even wear, better than my BMWs were in fact. Lower is more efficient at speed, raise as needed and just avoid punching it when the suspension is up.

9. Tberk

Tberk New Member

Are you able to align the tires to low suspension so you won't get uneven wear?