TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car temperature comes and goes on Android app

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Barry, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Barry

Barry Member

I've noticed that the Android app sometimes includes the cabin temperature on the climate screen and other times it doesn't. Why is that?

2. Kalud

Kalud Member

Its the same on iOS and from the API.

The car has actually different steps of sleep mode.

- When driving (or when climate is on) inside and outside temperature are available
    - When not driving, door closed, nobody inside there are two states
    1- High-Voltage contactor open (deactivated) then inside temperature is available for 15min or so then nothing. Outside temperature is only available when the HV contactor is closed.
    2- HV contactor closed, normally when doors are locked, nobody inside, the car does close the HV contactors from time to time to charge the 12V battery, during that period both in and outside temperatures are available.

On my car, during the night, for example. It seems to charge the 12V battery for approximately 2h every 2.5h o

3. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

If you have the Pano Roof try opening and closing it, a few moments later the internal temp is displayed.