Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car thinks door is closed when it’s open.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 18 Model 3 thinks the driver side door is closed when it is wide open. When you press button to open the door the window comes down. As soon as you release the button the window returns to being all the way up with the door ajar. You have to roll the window down to close the door.

The screen shows the drivers door is closed as well when it’s actually open. All of the rest of the doors and windows function and appear correctly on the display.

I have tried the window reset and it didn’t fix anything.

This all happened after the tint shop installed chrome delete today. I can see that they opened the drivers door twice with the emergency release according to the notifications.

I wasn’t able to get any service center to answer the phone this afternoon. Any insight would be great.

thanks!

Attachments

• 61AD2C79-A6F8-4071-97EB-745055515309.jpeg
    61AD2C79-A6F8-4071-97EB-745055515309.jpeg
    384.5 KB · Views: 151
Check the puddle light on the bottom of the door, if its disconnected the car thinks the door is closed maybe it broke or something or try swapping it with another door. I havent looked at them closely but i think the puddle, interior trunk lights, front Foot ambient lights are all the same.

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus