Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car To Sit for 2 Months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like I’m headed on a two month business trip. The Tesla will sleep in my garage plugged in of course. The wife will probably not drive it.

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Is it as simple as that? Maybe leave the battery at 50%?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

If it were me I would have someone drive it at least around the block every few weeks to keep the tires in good working order. In my military days during very long deployments, I either put my car on blocks or had some one drive it periodically for that reason.

In my case I would have to weigh having wife pull it out of garage and drive it over just buying new tires! Both are scary and potentially expensive:)

Thanks guys!

@quickstrike12 . Yeah, I’m retired military, and now a contractor working with the military bubbas. I do some overseas trips with them on occasion, but this is the first time I’ll be gone while owning the Tesla. The wife also expressly said she is not comfortable pulling it in/out of the garage...so like you said... there is that to consider!

A car cover to keep it from getting dusty would be nice. Check that there are no food sources (pet food) in the garage as rodents may take up residence in the Tesla and snack on wiring.

Consider leaving it parked outdoors and plugged in so that your wife can drive it. That would be my choice as best for the car and for the wife. Our Model S is shared.

Reactions: Buster1
I wouldn't bother having your wife drive it. The tires should be fine, especially at 45 psi. Just turn the climate control on a couple times with the app to cycle the stale air out.

The service center told me they recommend putting the car in jack mode if it will be sitting for a while. It keeps the air suspension from settling and throwing a "service air suspension" fault.

• Informative
Reactions: .jg. and xyeahtony