Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car transport companies with Tesla experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this question has been asked in past years, but here we are in 2021 and I am moving from Arizona to Rhode Island and I am looking for a car transport broker for my Model 3 that is both reputable and has some experience with Teslas. (No. For a variety of reasons, driving the M3 is not an option.) Looking at Montway, Sherpa, and Ultimate Transport 123. Sherpa is much pricier than the other two but has guaranteed rates and gets good reviews. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

• Disagree
Reactions: LionXng
I know this question has been asked in past years, but here we are in 2021 and I am moving from Arizona to Rhode Island and I am looking for a car transport broker for my Model 3 that is both reputable and has some experience with Teslas. (No. For a variety of reasons, driving the M3 is not an option.) Looking at Montway, Sherpa, and Ultimate Transport 123. Sherpa is much pricier than the other two but has guaranteed rates and gets good reviews. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!
I have shipped my M3 across the country 3 times with 3 different brokers. Best experience has been with Red Carpet Transport Solutions. Ask for Erik and Tanya. If you want, please tell them that David referred you -- not that it really makes any difference since I have not financial or other interest, other than I will use them in April when shipping my car back to the east coast.

Reactions: WABarb
I used uShip when I bought my Model 3 used and had it shipped to me. Honestly, I wouldn't use them again. While it was the cheapest option that I found, it took them an entire week for the company that booked the shipment to finally pick the car up. When it arrived, it was late at night and the person had no idea how to drive it, he had me drive it off the transport trailer! Thankfully everything ended up ok...

You really have no idea who is going to be moving your car, so the whole Tesla experience thing is out the window. If you want to be safe, leave them a note in the car with the basic instructions on how to move it.

May want to mention that the car has a built in dash cam to record all movements so they know they are being watched. Otherwise a trucker that hasn't been in a Tesla before might take it for a joy ride.

Oh boy, have you ever lived in a state where the air hurts your face sometimes?

I have shipped my M3 across the country 3 times with 3 different brokers. Best experience has been with Red Carpet Transport Solutions. Ask for Erik and Tanya. If you want, please tell them that David referred you -- not that it really makes any difference since I have not financial or other interest, other than I will use them in April when shipping my car back to the east coast.
I can't help being curious. What in the world has you moving across country so often, witness protection program? :)

Thx. I need to do this next year (Virginia to Seattle) and was hoping someone here had info.