TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car turns off every time I get in

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by GregRF, May 17, 2018.

1. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

Just the driver seat issue. Luckily enough I have the V2 seats.

2. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

Update: Seat was replaced last Wednesday.

This seems to have fixed the issue, though it has turned off at least once in the same manner. But much improved!

On a side note, I had a white S85, nosecone, AP1 car as a loaner for the day. Neat to experience the S and its more cavernous space. But I was happy to get my 3 back. The S wins in space, but the seats, front view, sound system and cornering are much better in the latest 3 than the older S. I would say it was about a tie for power. I don't have EAP on my car, so it was neat to experience that for a little while.

• Like x 1
  3. Atoms

Atoms Member

2018.24.7 release and this happened a day after receipt. So many “software” bugs I’m taking into SC with list of quality issues with car.

4. GregRF

GregRF Squirrel Power

I still have this issue, but to a lesser extent with the new seat. May be how I'm sitting in the seat, may be a software bug. But I have gotten into the habit of hitting the brake as I close the door if I don't want to deal with it.

5. S3XY

S3XY Active Member

Thanks for the update. I have this same "issue" but I got in the habit off pressing the brake right away. It's a good thing the driver's seat doesn't turn off the airbag when it senses a light weight (car seat sensing) like the passenger side would.

6. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Glad to hear it's gotten better. I don't have the problem nearly as much since modifying the way I get in the car. I press the brake as I'm sitting down and closing the door every time now. I think I wrote earlier in this thread that it was the perfect timing of leaning forward in the seat while closing the door that made the car think no one was in it each time I got in.