TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Car (UK) Magazine review

Discussion in 'News' started by doug, Aug 20, 2008.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

#1 doug, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  2. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Still quoting 248bhp :rolleyes:

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Two quotes I liked:

This is awsum A push back at !?! WOW.

And this one:
    The quiet constantly reminds you how special the car you’re driving is... The lack of noise just makes the acceleration even more absurd.

This is 180 degrees off the norm. There are purists (Jeremy Clarkson) that will probably never embrace the EV sound so this one is refreshing.

It's also nice to be compared to a Rolls Royce...

4. Chris H.

Chris H. Member

The following quote from Ben Oliver's article seems to indicate that he doesn't understand that the car's motor becomes the generator in the regen mode, and not individual "generators on the wheels", as he puts it.

Quote:

"The brakes require a solid shove to really engage, but the generators on the wheels that recapture energy slow the car so noticeably when you come off the throttle that the brakes often aren’t necessary."

Another thing, Ben observes that:

"The Tesla’s primary ride is as composed and fluent as an Elise's, but the lack of induction and exhaust noise draws your attention to its tendency to crash through bigger potholes. A shame."

Here's an idea: Ben, you're in a $100,000 sports car, with very responsive handling, why not try avoiding the potholes? I seem to be able to manage it in my Mazda...

I suppose that the overall tone of the piece is supportive and optimistic, and that's good, I just wish that some of these "car guys" would do a little fact checking before they write their articles.

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Interesting that Car magazine this month has a star letter that sings the praise of Tesla and the Fisker Karma in a world where the traditional supercar's days are numbered.

The Roadster also features in their key cars of 2009 (although they don't like the price: New January 2009 issue of CAR Magazine Car Magazine

6. GSP

GSP Member

7. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

Yeah I've seen him before, but I wasn't so sure he was a bot - just an annoying troll-type.