Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car unresponsive - Nothing works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car totally went unresponsive, it recognized us approaching the car and uh unfolded the mirrors but then went back locked and went totally unresponsive . The fob , app and nothing works to unlock the car. Called tesla roadside but they could access the car since it went offline and could not figure out so asked to tow to nearest SC.

Tow guy gave a jump start that woke the car up and unlocked it and there was an alert that says service needed pull off and contact sc center.

The Sc sent me a message
"Our technician has found alerts that are related to the vehicle's contactors. The contactors are responsible for closing the circuit with the 12v battery and the High Voltage battery. Due to the nature of the repair, we have gotten one of our field engineers involved with the diagnosis. Currently, he is reviewing the vehicle data to support our diagnosis. Looks like we may need an additional day, possibly 2 for diagnosis alone."

Any insights into what could have happened ?
Never had an issue with 50kmiles on it.
Appreciate your inputs

• Informative
Reactions: Behind and Tam
I have exactly 50120 miles on it and they said I can purchase Extended warranty until 51k miles , is it advisable or worth to take Extended warranty ? Or shall I wait to hear from them and depending on the cost make the decision. Hoping they honor Extended warranty if I purchase online now.

What is ESA ?

Yes, it is for a layperson although legally they are different:

Extended Service Agreement

ESA stands for Extended Service Agreement.

An "agreement" gives you less legal protection than a "warranty".

Warranty legally protects consumers whether both sides "agree" to those legal protections or not.

I am at 50120 miles and still eligible for ESA till 51k as per Tesla. So waiting on them to see and decide if I can purchase if necessary.

...is it advisable or worth to take Extended warranty...

You can only be sure about your situation if you can predict your future with certainty.

ESA is a pre-paid program whether your car will need repairs in the future or not.

Some don't think it is wise to pre-pay for something that you are not sure that you will even use it in the future.

Others think it is worth it because they can't tell how much repairs the car will need in the future.