Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car visualizations gone if you don’t have AP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive had my M3 for over a year now and up u til two updates ago or so (3-4 months?), I still saw the dancing car visualizations when I was driving. Now all I see is the proximity alert lines but no cars, trucks, bikes, pedestrians, etc. Has Tesla officially removed this for all the folks that don’t have autopilot?

Ive had my M3 for over a year now and up u til two updates ago or so (3-4 months?), I still saw the dancing car visualizations when I was driving. Now all I see is the proximity alert lines but no cars, trucks, bikes, pedestrians, etc. Has Tesla officially removed this for all the folks that don’t have autopilot?

To put it simply, no. You should still be seeing all of that, although the cars have stopped dancing and behave like cars.
How long has this been happening?

I drove a friend's family through a holiday light show deal the other day. I was using TACC to pace the car ahead of me, but apparently this upset the car: half way through I got a "Cruise control unavailable" alert and all visualizations disappeared. Much like Autopilot Jail, this persisted until I parked the car and got out. Unlike Autopilot Jail, the car didn't actually tell me this.

I lost my visualizations the other day after twice attempting to activate autopilot while driving beside a car on a 3-lane highway. Each time the car swerved away from the other car and beeped to inform me that autopilot was cancelled. I think it felt the car in the other lane was too close or maybe swerving towards me (it wasn't). In any event, moments later autopilot worked for the rest of the drive home although visualizations were gone until the next time I drove it.

I don’t have autopilot of any kind, just the dumb cruise. I do have the driving visualizations though, and I have the Christmas software update, so they have not been removed for us.