Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car was damaged in parking lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the grocery store and came out to find my quarter panel was hit and some gouges were left.

Not sure if it was a shopping cart or someone’s car. No note left whatsoever.

I was super pissed. Took the car to my PDR guy to no avail. He wasn’t able to even budge the dent.

Went to a local body shop and they wanted to replace the whole quarter panel.

My PDR guy called to check if I was able to get the dent repaired. I told him that everyone wanted to replace the panel. He than recommended a place locally.

Dropped the car off yesterday and it was ready the next day. Looks like it never happened. Best part was the price, $350. Since they were going to have repaint, I had them touch up a few scratches and paint chips.

Couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

• 81FC6DB2-7B3C-415C-B979-634D3FD56A7C.jpeg
    81FC6DB2-7B3C-415C-B979-634D3FD56A7C.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 171
Man that was nasty and doubt unnoticed by the jerk who did it and left. There are so many scummy people out there these days who think nothing of damaging people’s property and not stepping up to accept responsibility. We recently had our MS scraped up good in a bank parking lot by a commercial utilty truck with metal steps off the end. Guy left but was stopped by a woman and son who took a cellphone photo of them and their license plate as they pulled out to a side street and were stopped by cross traffic. So yeah hit-and-run and no way did the guys in the vehicle not hear or see the damage. Also got dashcam video of them pulling out of the spot, bumping our car, and continuing to leave and then her leading them back to the parking lot. This lady approached the vehicle while stopped and told them to return to the lot so the owner could be found inside, which she did. Thankfully we still have people like her too.

BTW don’t think you needed to circle the damaged area LOL but would like to see a photo of the after-repair.

Last edited:
Stopped by the grocery store and came out to find my quarter panel was hit and some gouges were left.

Not sure if it was a shopping cart or someone’s car. No note left whatsoever.

I was super pissed. Took the car to my PDR guy to no avail. He wasn’t able to even budge the dent.

Went to a local body shop and they wanted to replace the whole quarter panel.

My PDR guy called to check if I was able to get the dent repaired. I told him that everyone wanted to replace the panel. He than recommended a place locally.

Dropped the car off yesterday and it was ready the next day. Looks like it never happened. Best part was the price, $350. Since they were going to have repaint, I had them touch up a few scratches and paint chips.

Couldn’t be happier.
How'd they fix it? Bondo?

• Funny
Reactions: logan
I had the exact same damage to my baby a few weeks after I got it, same deal someone in a car park hit and run. I didn't notice it for days, was on the passenger door.
I still have the damage (hard to see with touch up paint) but didn't repair because they wanted thousands, which would have ruined my insurance.
I might do some more research and see if there's a local solution like yours.