Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car was hit by someone on the freeway. How much to repair guesses…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will definitely share soon. I forgot to take usb out of the car got to grab it sometime soon and the footage I took on my phone of the video on Tesla screen is garbage.
Be careful about that USB stick.

A few months ago I witnessed an accident on I-84 in CT and pulled over to help the victim. After the cops showed, it (finally) occurred to me that the dashcam had been on and invited one of them into the front seat to see the fun. He was happy, we were happy, and the video was great.

But I hadn't done anything specific to save the video: Honking the horn, marking the clip, whatever. So, when the SO and I stopped for lunch 30 minutes after the stop, the video was gone, overwritten.

If the car's been on a flatbed and not driven, then maybe your video is still there. I think that if a Tesla detects a real accident, it definitely saves the clip, but I'm not sure that a side-swipe would do the deed. If you honked the horn, then I think the Tesla will save it. Not sure what else might.

Pull, fill and blended fender, blended door and new headlight and rim was $5200

Attachments

• PXL_20221207_133334120.jpg
    PXL_20221207_133334120.jpg
    706.5 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: DrewHou