Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car was hit nearly head on - car is severely damaged - anyone estimate time in shop?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I'm in British Columbia (Greater Vancouver area) and last week we were hit nearly head on from a donkey who lost control speeding excessively. Everyone walked away from the crash (with various injuries... but alive nontheless) and now our car is in the shop. We were hoping it would be written off but it seems they want to repair the car despite likely $20k+ in damages.

My question is, does anybody have any experience with autobody shops in Vancouver BC.. the autobody shop we took it to won't tell us how long we will be without the car.. we really hope were not stuck with the corolla they want to put us in, for 6 months +.

Attachments

• tesla after crash.jpg
    tesla after crash.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 141
Well, considering the fact that the replacement windshield for our model 3 was 2 months to get in I wouldn't be overly optimistic on timelines for the repair required of yours (we are in BC as well). On GlobalTV several weeks ago they had autobody shop owners complaining of months long waits for most parts. Good luck 🙏

Hmmmm. Looks like a 3, but that’s not a head on hit.

Quarter panel impact point, and a high dent on the drivers side door. Unlikely to be frame damage, and the dent in the drivers door looks like the battery escaped any significant impact (rocker panel is still more or less where it should be).

Where you’re in BC, it’s a bit easier to get parts from the factory on the west coast, but that’s still a fair bit of labor to repair. I’d guess minimum 4 months, plus or minus time for paintwork. Depends on how much of a knock the front suspension took.