Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car wash After Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone picked up their car from service to find it sparkling clean? In Orlando it comes back filthy from sitting outside.
Funny how I always got a free wash after service with my old Nissan Leaf. However my Leaf only needed service once in 2 years. It was in for 3 days. My Y has been in a total of 16 days in 6 months.

• Informative
Reactions: dixosw
It's funny I expected mine to be cleaned on pickup also. My previous car was washed every service and even my girlfriend's toyota corolla comes back with a free wash. Toyota has a drive through car wash so they give you a code.

Tesla is really not up to par on service. My old service center had bagels and doughnuts and coffee too!

Has anyone picked up their car from service to find it sparkling clean? In Orlando it comes back filthy from sitting outside.
Funny how I always got a free wash after service with my old Nissan Leaf. However my Leaf only needed service once in 2 years. It was in for 3 days. My Y has been in a total of 16 days in 6 months.

My SC does not wash my car either, although I always avoid dealer washes and would refuse even if they offered. The dealers typically use dirty supplies and bad techniques that invariably lead to swirls on your paint.

If your car needs to go to the Detailer to fix scratches, ding, paint issues - yes it will be washed.

Like rxlawdude said, they stopped doing that for normal services. I don’t know why people love to have a $5 bucks express wash service for their cars that cost thousands to correct the paint issues. It is hurt to see a nice car that has ton of swirls on their shinny paint under a sunny day.

SC used to wash your car after each service. But Tesla is all about being environmentally friendly, so to keep their promise, they stopped washing car. That's what SC told me...so, yeah, save water, money, & time for Tesla!

If your car needs to go to the Detailer to fix scratches, ding, paint issues - yes it will be washed.

Like rxlawdude said, they stopped doing that for normal services. I don’t know why people love to have a $5 bucks express wash service for their cars that cost thousands to correct the paint issues. It is hurt to see a nice car that has ton of swirls on their shinny paint under a sunny day.
Or a quick pass with the power washer before you arrive to pick up the vehicle.

Same experience in Orlando as OP. Car came back filthy. Doesn't help that the lot itself is filthy and full of garbage and boxes strewn everywhere. And where has all the landscaping gone? Just a bunch of beds with dirt and sand blowing everywhere. TV's inside not working. No more live supercharger map. To be honest the Orlando SC looks worse than most dodgy secondhand car dealer lots. But hey, if it help Tesla save money and turn a profit then we are all supposed to just grin and bear it, right?

Same in Burbank. I washed the car and dropped it off sparkling clean, then a week later went to pick it up. The car came back to me filthy with tree sap droppings all over. The guys at the SC blamed it on the city not allowing them to wash cars on their lot.

I know in Burbank the dealer must have a water reclamation system to be able to wash cars. When I had my Bolt in for service the Chevrolet dealer would give a coupon for a free wash at a local car wash.

• Informative
Reactions: captanzuelo

Just picked up my MY from its first service appointment and it was dirty inside and out. It wasn't dirty inside when I dropped it off.