TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Car wash and found these issues

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by dano9258, Aug 12, 2018.

1. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Washed my car for the 3rd time today and found two issues.

1) on the driver front fender, the chrome peice that covers the side camera came partially off and bent when using a sponge over it. Won't stay on now fully. Hoping Tesla will replace that for free as that's a bunch of crap that it comes off just by going over it with a sponge for washing....
    IMG_20180812_122238.jpg IMG_20180812_122233.jpg

2) on the top glass there seems to be an unknown issue with the glass. It's not bad enough to need replacement but I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on it.
    IMG_20180812_123157.jpg

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Tesla will replace (1) ..number 2 does leak water ? Either way they should adjust next time u bring in for service

3. dano9258

dano9258 Member

No water leak. Just concerned that the glass is coming apart or having a defect. I'm more upset over the chrome peice coming up and bending during a wash

• Like x 1
  4. mcbarnet007

mcbarnet007 Member

How do you like the solid black so far?

5. alpinebum1

alpinebum1 Member

The gap between the glass panels look larger than mine. Could just be the camera though. What’s your VIN.

6. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Love the black. Hard to keep clean but really shines with the wax I put on.

7. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Its 39xxx...June build. The camera makes it look bigger than it is I think because it's not that noticeable just looking at it