Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car wash in Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Clarita, Van Nuys area

xilex

Model P3D
Jul 5, 2018
Cypress, CA
Hi, I'm heading from Fresno to Orange County after a trip, need to wash all the bugs and gunk off. Can anyone recommend a good hand wash place in Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Clarita, or Van Nuys? I searched on Yelp but 75% of these things are mobile "car wash" and the rest are junk. I'm heading back on Friday afternoon. If anyone wants to offer, quote me your price. Thanks.

Misterbee

Apr 2, 2016
Los Angeles
Hi, I'm heading from Fresno to Orange County after a trip, need to wash all the bugs and gunk off. Can anyone recommend a good hand wash place in Lancaster, Palmdale, Santa Clarita, or Van Nuys? I searched on Yelp but 75% of these things are mobile "car wash" and the rest are junk. I'm heading back on Friday afternoon. If anyone wants to offer, quote me your price. Thanks.
I just tried Premier Car Wash in Encino today. $30 for a hand wash, excellent service, and the owners went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied. 17432 Ventura Blvd, Encino, CA 91316

• Informative
Reactions: xilex

xilex

Model P3D
Jul 5, 2018
Cypress, CA
I just tried Premier Car Wash in Encino today. $30 for a hand wash, excellent service, and the owners went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied. 17432 Ventura Blvd, Encino, CA 91316

I recommend Lyon Car Wash in Santa Clarita - 5 min east of 5 freeway. Hand wash is $25, and they are polite and thorough.

Thank you, both. I'll look through and choose one. As long as car is not going into those moving rails, I'm happy with it.

MichaelP90DL

Apr 19, 2019
Lancaster, CA
Town Center Auto Spa in Santa Clarita. There are no handwash places in Palmdale or Lancaster. The best you can do here is a mobile detailing service. Or bring it by my house in East Lancaster and we'll wash it together, just for fun.

xilex

Model P3D
Jul 5, 2018
Cypress, CA
Lyons Car Wash won't put a Tesla through the regular wash - hand wash only for most premium vehicles is their policy.

Wow. I'm wondering if I should be offended my non-premium car would get different treatment :confused: If they charge more for premium vehicles that is understandable. :D

xilex

Model P3D
Jul 5, 2018
Cypress, CA
You safe - they do charge more for the hand wash than for the standard wash lol

I ended my trip early because of the fire, plus it blocked the road I was planning to take home so had to divert. I went to Lyons. Wow what a deal. $10 for hand wash (I didn't need any of that other extra stuff, just exterior wash). Not the most thorough, but it's very decent for $10. Too bad I live 50 miles from it.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC