Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Wash Mode - When?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When should we see Car Wash Mode in the MY?
there are a gazillion threads all over this place explaining when software updates arrive.
The TLDR is that updates arrive when they do and you can't make them arrive faster.
Folks fall into two camps at this point, but its up to you which group you belong in.
One group apply patience and are pleasantly surprised when the update arrives​
The other group fall into an incandescent rage that they don't have the update right now in case they're missing out on something.​

Full disclosure - neither group gets updates faster than the other.

After about 2.5 years my averages are 13 days between updates, max 40 days between updates, 3 day average/ 14 day max from discovery to install. The angry group seem to get angry after a day or two.

@HeyEph

Here is a 14 page (14 pages, not 14 posts) discussing this update, in the section that software posts go, which is the software / firmware subforum.

No one ( NO ONE) will be able to tell you when YOUR dar will get this or any other update. Also, NO ONE has any idea when cars with tesla vision might or might not receive this or any other update in relationship to any other update.

If you want to read about or discuss software updates further, I suggest moving that discussion to the subform those go in which is where the post I linked above also is. The general subforum for all tesla software / firmware discussions is here:

You are perfectly welcome to disagree @HeyEph but doesn't change that nobody knows.
The average/max data I posted is just what I've witnessed with my car, obviously YMMV, but it should give you some guidelines to set a reasonable expectation of when updates arrive.
As the fleet gets bigger I'm sure it get even less easy to predict which updates go where.

Finally got it. Looks like it includes all the important features, including getting into N easily. Anybody try it yet? If you disable Free Roll from the Carwash screen, does it put you in D?
1630850714943.png

Hey all, I am curious if someone could educate me on a Car Wash Mode thing I’m experiencing.

My driving preference leads to having “Creep Mode” selected. I think this may counteract Car Wash Mode’s intention of going into neutral.

I activate Car Wash Mode when I get stopped in line. When loading onto the belt, since Creep is selected, I do have to use my brake. I’ve also found that if I lift my foot off the brake, while on the belt, my car will roll due to Creep Mode being selected.

Has anyone encountered this or have any advice for using Creep Mode and Car Wash Mode? Perhaps I should be using the Enable Free Roll feature? I have yet to try this.