Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car Wash Mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up a 2018.5 MS (w/oak and dark bezel) last month and while going through all of the settings could've swore I saw Car Wash Mode as I planned on getting a wash after pickup. Yet checking again last week it's nowhere to be found. Am I dreaming or was it never an option on this MY? Did it get scrubbed w/the holiday update?

Your year does not get car wash mode. This is what Car Wash Mode does. I also fold mirrors in.
1672768267385.png

Reactions: BulldogsRus
Doing something you normally would do, and doing something the car wash guy holds the Put In Neutral sign up makes it easier so you don't accidentally engage the hold feature, or accidentally press the accelerator as you go through the wash. To each their own way, I guess. 😀

Reactions: vapor trail
Doing something you normally would do, and doing something the car wash guy holds the Put In Neutral sign up makes it easier so you don't accidentally engage the hold feature, or accidentally press the accelerator as you go through the wash. To each their own way, I guess. 😀
You don't normally lift your foot off of the accelerator when sitting stationary at a red light or anywhere else for that matter? That's all this is.

You're making it seem FAR more complex to try to make your point when it's easily the least complex of solutions offered. You literally slow to a stop and do nothing more. This is an action you do dozens if not hundreds of times every single time you drive the car. It's one of the most fundamental aspects of operating your Tesla and trying to make it seem needlessly complex or even dangerous is just silly.

Some people just need conflict in their life and will needless create it where it doesn't exist.

As an update, my 2020 with a permanent magnet front motor goes into hold mode when you stop, even when you never apply the brakes. I think this is true for all models with a permanent magnet front motor. Arriving at a car wash, I need to put the car in neutral. Perhaps your car is different in this respect, @Ostrichsak .

I’ve heard it’s not a good idea to take a Tesla to automatic car wash and instead should be hand washed.
True, but if you find a car wash that doesn't damage the car, it is better than not washing it, particularly over winter. I used to hand wash all my cars, but I am older (and wiser) now. All my cars, including car washed ones, always bring top valve when I sell/trade them, so it really doesn't matter that much unless you want to be esoteric about car washing. The results are the same to your car's long term value.

Reactions: Mario Veras