Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car wash recommendation in San Diego

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard to recommend because any cheap car wash will damage your paint in some manner, and the good detailers are overpriced. So depends on what your comfort level is with car washes. If you don't want to do it yourself, then I recommend finding any touchless drive through wash (there's a Chevron off Balboa Ave/I-15 that has one), and use your own microfiber towels to dry the car. The paint quality on teslas is already terrible, so you don't want just any dude using any towel on your car or running it through a wash with harsh brushes.

I opt to wash my own car for this reason. Chemical Guys has alot of great products and resources for a great wash/detail.

Reactions: OldPro
Hard to recommend because any cheap car wash will damage your paint in some manner, and the good detailers are overpriced. So depends on what your comfort level is with car washes. If you don't want to do it yourself, then I recommend finding any touchless drive through wash (there's a Chevron off Balboa Ave/I-15 that has one), and use your own microfiber towels to dry the car. The paint quality on teslas is already terrible, so you don't want just any dude using any towel on your car or running it through a wash with harsh brushes.

I opt to wash my own car for this reason. Chemical Guys has alot of great products and resources for a great wash/detail.
I use Chemical Guys Quick Wax (Pink) on my wife's Pearl White Model 3. Works great. DO NOT ever wax in the Sun or when the paint surface is hot!

Reactions: Jangy and Nichigo
Yes, go to Elite in Miramar area, ask them to show you how to use their waterless wash system. Buy the starter kit and never have to wash your car again. You can do 1-2 panels every now and then and the car is always clean. I am three years in and the paint is great. Never washed with water.

With my car being ceramic coated, if the dirt is minimal, I use a waterless wash by Ethos called Defy. It works great. If my car is dirty after a rainstorm, I go through a touchless wash either on Scripps Poway Parkway West off of the 15 or the Mobil station on Lomas Santa Fe. Everything falls right off.

Reactions: spacedroid
With my car being ceramic coated, if the dirt is minimal, I use a waterless wash by Ethos called Defy. It works great. If my car is dirty after a rainstorm, I go through a touchless wash either on Scripps Poway Parkway West off of the 15 or the Mobil station on Lomas Santa Fe. Everything falls right off.
At the Sinclair Gas Station on Scripps Poway Parkway?

Give this a shot based on endorsement below (picture). 🤞
Car Wash
80A88CAE-834A-4617-A43A-89E23D4204AC.jpeg